Saturday, October 23, 2010

SO FAT!


THE GOAL


So I had a dream last night that I weighed 500 lbs and couldn't get off the couch. I don't think it's a secret that miss Alisha has gained a few pounds in the last 5 years, life comes at you fast. But I am on a mission to shed more that a few unwanted pounds and I think a blog that I have to answer to might help me out a little. So I am gonna be real about this. My goal is 3-5 pounds a week, for a total 60 pounds. Yes 60! I weigh in at a whopping 210 and I need to be at 150. That's where I was in my senior pictures and that is a healthy, manageable weight for my body type (according to me) . I am guessing this will take anywhere from 12-20 weeks to accomplish. So by next spring I will be at a healthier weight to get pregnant again. I want more kids and at this rate my body is not gonna be able to handle it without a serious overhaul. So wish me luck and offer any tips or advice.

The plan
1. Exercise 5 days a week for at least 20 minutes, at least two of those workouts must be a long walk or jog.
2. Cut out the candy and reduce the fat intake.
3. If I do eat candy or fatty foods.... burn it off.
4. No more food after 8 at night.
5. Portion meals appropriately and increase my fruit and veggie sides and snacks.


If I don't lose any weight in the next two weeks I will look for a more structured method.

Wish me luck.

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great plan! Good luck and know I'm here to support you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. too bad we don't live closer I have 55lbs to lose to get to 150lbs again! Hopefully you enspire me to get off my butt! ;) ... one trick I did when losing weight was cuting out all fast food and soda, and I kept a water bottle (filled with water) in the fridge so anytime I'd open to look for food, I'd take a drink and walk away and I really need to do this again! Good Luck Sis!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 3-5 pounds will be easy to do in the beginning probably, but once your body gets used to the exercise and diet, it'll be harder to lose. That's what happened to me. You know what worked the best for me? Weight Watchers. I tried just doing calorie counting and exercising more but when I went on WW, the pounds melted off. I lost 10 pounds in a month, which was more than I had ever been able to do. I just did the online version but having to track everything that I put in my mouth (ahem, and knowing that the two spoons of peanut butter was probably 1/4 of my daily points!) REALLY helped. I'm totally getting back on WW after having this baby. You can usually get a 2 week trial for free on coupons.com

    Good luck to you Alisha! Life does come fast and I have some weight I'd like to lose as well. I blame Jeff, not Kaden, for my extra weight. It's from all the goodies he likes me to make.

    ReplyDelete